ad

Your Ad Here

Welcome To The New TRENDS

Friday, February 25, 2011

Bash Ali trapped in Libya ...cries out for help


Boxer and boxing promoter, Bash Ali, is trapped in Tripoli, Libya, a country that has been witnessing political problems in the past one week.

The Libyans are protesting against the 41-year rule of their leader Muammar Gaddafi and the high rate of corruption, poverty and unemployment in the country.

Over 1,000 people have been reported killed in the country in the past few days and sadly enough Bash Ali has been caught in the uprising in the country.

In an email sent to Punch's correspondent, the boxer revealed that he traveled to Libya to meet with Gaddafi for the sponsorship of his proposed historic bout that has not been on the card for the past six years.

When punch's correspondent spoke with him on the telephone, Ali said he traveled to the troubled country because help was not forthcoming in Nigeria for the fight.

He said, “I am in trouble here and I only hope and pray I will be out of here to tell my story. I hear gunshots in my hotel room and it is terrible that I find myself in this situation".



pub-3118166399990413