ad

Your Ad Here

Welcome To The New TRENDS

Thursday, April 12, 2012

DAME was in town today; Bings Lagos to a Stand Still

I heard Madam Jonathan was in town today and her presence brought Lagos to a complete stand still for several hours. Like seriously what manner of democracy is this? Last year Oga Jonathan came to town and all the major roads in Lagos were blocked. I think this is totally unfair. and a form of oppression. Popular and celebrity blogger Linda Ikeji was caught up in the mess our dear first Lady caused. Read her experience below:

I left my house around 11am this morning to attend the Google+ event at Get Arena in Victoria Island. By 1.15pm I was done. I got into my car to head back home...to attend to blogging matters...but guess what people? Five hours later I was still in traffic in Victoria Island. I swear to you I'm not kidding. I left Get Arena parking lot by past one, and by 6pm, I was still on Ozumba Mbadiwe street, which ordinarily from Get Arena shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. 


Then I heard that her excellency, the mother of all nations, the woman who puts food on our table, so has the right to disrupt our lives any time she likes, was in town. She came to Lagos and had her people block major roads on the island, literally shutting down the area. Like, where does that happen? Are these people freaking kidding me? How dare you do this to people? How can you disrupt people's lives just like that? Appointments and business transactions cancelled, because everyone was stuck in traffic for hours. All thanks to Patience Jonathan. That's so selfish, madam!

Anyway, after five hours in standstill traffic, I decided I couldn't continue, I was tired and hungry so I branched off to have something to eat, rest my feet, and wait for traffic to abate. Got home past 9pm.
pub-3118166399990413